Social and other research

Social, psychological and other health research

Social, psychological and multidisciplinary research often asks questions about a person’s experiences to explore ways to improve people’s health or wellbeing. Multidisciplinary research may look at several different aspects of a person’s life to get a broader perspective, for example, their physical health, social and personal life, how they feel emotionally.

Health services research assesses how well health services work for people and people’s preferences for different types and styles of services.

Some of these research projects will study large numbers of people, while others will undertake in-depth research with small numbers of people.

Current international research studies

Hemophilia wellbeing international survey (Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain) - a survey on people with haemophilia's perception of "wellbeing"

Current Australian research studies

Haemophilia specific research

New media, factor treatment and young people with haemophilia (Queensland University of Technology - National) - small group videoconferences and face-to-face discussions with young people to find ways to help young people with haemophilia take their factor treatment more regularly

HIV or hepatitis C specific research

You me and HIV (National Centre for HIV Social Research - NSW only) - interviews with couples where one is HIV positive and the other negative to understand the needs of couples

Ask your Haemophilia Centre for information on any other current studies

Participating in research

Although information on specific research studies is listed on this web site for your information, this is not an endorsement of the research study by HFA.

Participating in a research study is voluntary. Before you take part in a research study, make sure you are satisfied that the study will be in your interests and that your health and privacy will be protected. All Australian human research projects must follow the guidelines made by the National Health & Medical Research Council and must have approval from a recognised Human Research Ethics Committee.

If you have concerns about a research project, you can make a complaint to the Human Research Ethics Committee that approved the study.

Find out more about:

Questions to ask about research studies

Making a complaint about a research study

Last Updated: 13th Nov 13