See the HFA Haemophilia: a guide for parents of a newly diagnosed child for more information on frequently asked questions by parents.
Our guide has been developed to help parents understand all the issues they will encounter when their child is diagnosed with haemophilia. It was designed with the input of parents of small children with haemophilia and includes their tips and helpful comments about their experiences.
- downloadable fridge cards with an emergency checklist and how to recognise a bleed
- explanations about haemophilia, what causes it, symptoms and severity
- inheritance, families and having children
- managing and preventing bruising and bleeds, treatment
- growing up, child care, going to school, siblings
- exercise and sport
- support and services
Date last reviewed: October 2017
Important Note: This information was developed by Haemophilia Foundation Australia for education and information purposes only and does not replace advice from a treating health professional. Always see your health care provider for assessment and advice about your individual health before taking action or relying on published information.
This information may be printed or photocopied for educational purposes.