The 19th Australian Conference on haemophilia, VWD & rare bleeding disorders will be held at the Novotel Manly, Sydney, 10-12 October 2019.
Our conferences bring together people with bleeding disorders and their families and carers, as well as health professionals, policy makers and industry. It is a great opportunity to learn, discuss and plan for the future.
Chaired by Dr Liane Khoo, Director, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney, NSW, the program committee is developing a multidisciplinary program which will interest everyone.
The theme of the Conference, Challenging the Status Quo sets the program up for interesting discussion, debate and opportunities to build a better future. Topics that will cover a range of
- New and emerging treatments
- Approaches to care in the future
- Von Willebrand disease and rarer bleeding disorders
- Living with a bleeding disorder over the lifetime
- Participating in clinical trials
- Women and girls
The program will include presentations from people living with bleeding disorders as experts as well as health professionals and other specialist speakers.
Who should attend?
- People with haemophilia, von Willebrand disease or other bleeding disorders and their families - parents, siblings, partners – all ages welcome from young adults to seniors!
- Health professionals – doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, psychosocial workers and other health care providers
- Treatment product producers, suppliers and service providers
- Policy makers and government officials
- Haemophilia Foundation volunteers and staff
Information and Registration Brochure