The 18th Australian & New Zealand Conference on Haemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders will be held at the Pullman Albert Park, Melbourne, 12-14 October 2017.
The theme for the conference is “Looking Forward to Change”.
Over the past 37 years, we have been running conferences that provide current information and resources, discussion on topical issues and looks into the future.
Our Conferences bring together people with bleeding disorders and their families and carers, as well as health professionals, policy makers and industry. It is a great opportunity to learn, discuss and to plan for the future.
The program covers current topics and issues to interest everyone including:
- new treatments for haemophilia
- using data to improve treatment and care
- women with bleeding disorders
- genetic testing
- living with von Willebrand disease
- new approaches to managing pain
- HIV and hepatitis C
- living with a bleeding disorder at different life stages - newly diagnosed, children, adult life, ageing
- issues for families and siblings
- youth matters
- sport and healthy activities
- what is the future like
The program will include people living with bleeding disorders as experts as well as health professionals and others presenting from different perspectives.
Who should attend?
- people with haemophilia, von Willebrand disorder or other bleeding disorders and their families - parents, siblings, partners – all ages
- health professionals – doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, social workers/counsellors and other health care providers
- treatment product producers, suppliers and service providers
- policy makers and government officials
- haemophilia Foundation volunteers and staff
We look forward to seeing you in Melbourne!
Gavin Finkelstein Deon York Dr Huyen Tran
President President Program Chair
Registration and Information Brochure