No 199 September 2017
Click here to search articles by topic
Change to MyABDR Remember Me function
From the National Blood Authority and HFA MyABDR teams
From Tuesday 22 August 2017 if you want to use the REMEMBER ME function on the MyABDR app, you will need to set a 4-digit pin.
To set the PIN, at the login screen tap the REMEMBER MY DETAILS button NOT LOGIN.
WHY HAS THIS CHANGE OCCURRED?
You may be aware of the current concerns at a national level about the protection of personal information.
Protecting ABDR/MyABDR users’ personal information on mobile devices and computers, while preserving favourite functionality has been a subject of considerable discussion between the National Blood Authority and HFA.
Against this background the NBA has implemented a simple solution of a four digit pin lock to access MyABDR on your mobile device.
This solution is only required when accessing and using MyABDR and does not impact on the use of your mobile device. The pin lock is very similar to other applications such as online banking.
The enhancement to the ‘Remember my details’ functionality means that you can continue to use this option knowing that your access to the ABDR/MyABDR system is now more secure.
HOW WILL THIS WORK?
- When you tap the REMEMBER MY DETAILS button at the LOGIN screen, you will be invited to set a 4-digit PIN.
- Whenever REMEMBER MY DETAILS is activated, you will need to use your 4-digit PIN to login if you have not used MyABDR in the last 30 seconds.
- However, when you are logged out and need to login again, you will still need to enter your email and password – BUT!!
- If you want to use the ‘remember me’ functionality, you should tap on the REMEMBER MY DETAILS button rather than LOGIN to login, and then set or reset your PIN.
OTHER SECURITY IMPROVEMENTS
The National Blood Authority rolled out the new PIN functionality with other security improvements in the MyABDR release on 22 August 2017:
- Security improvements to the website version
- New messages on the mobile app where the device is insecure
- MyABDR will no longer be accessible from ‘rooted’ or ‘jailbroken’ devices.
ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP?
Contact the MyABDR Support team (24 hrs, 7 days a week)
T: 13 000 BLOOD / 13 000 25663
View All Issues
Get the latest free Acrobat Reader to read PDF documents
Date last reviewed: 21 September 2017