ABDR MyABDR Privacy Consent
Friday, 23 January 2015
On 26 January 2015 a new version of MyABDR will be released. It will include a new ABDR privacy consent form.
When you next login to MyABDR, you will be asked to complete the new ABDR privacy consent form before you can continue.
Alternatively, your Haemophilia Treatment Centre may ask you to complete a printed consent form.
What is this all about?
The Australian national laws to protect your privacy have been made stronger.
As a result, you are now being asked formally if you consent or agree to have your personal information in the Australian Bleeding Disorders Registry (ABDR).
You may also be asked to consent on behalf of your child if they are the patient at the HTC and are under 18.
This is called an opt-in system.
- It will make it clear whether you have agreed to have your personal information in the ABDR.
- You also have the opportunity to find out more about the ABDR and how your personal information is used and protected.
In the past it was an opt-out system.
- Your personal information was kept in the ABDR unless you asked for it not to be entered in the system.
- You may recall your Haemophilia Treatment Centre talking to you about the ABDR and giving you a pamphlet.
What do I need to do?
- If you already know about the ABDR and are comfortable with your data being included, you can complete the consent form.
- You may wish to learn more about the ABDR and privacy first - download the Consent to Privacy information leaflet for more information.
Download the Consent to Privacy information leaflet
Download the Step-by-Step guides from the ABDR/MyABDR privacy web page:
• Step by Step Guide for the MyABDR app
• Step by Step Guide for the MyABDR web site
Contact the MyABDR Support Team
T: 13 000 BLOOD (13 000 25663)
You can talk to your doctor or nurse at your Haemophilia Treatment Centre.
For more information on MyABDR and ABDR, you can also contact
Haemophilia Foundation Australia
T: 1800 807 173 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest free Acrobat Reader to read PDF documents