World Hepatitis Day 2016
Thursday, 28 July 2016
Today is World Hepatitis Day.
In 2016 revolutionary new hep C treatments are now available.
What is so exciting about the new hep C treatments for people with bleeding disorders?
Watch our video to find out more from the experts!
Australia is leading the way for a NOhep future.
New highly effective hepatitis C treatments are now available on the PBS.
- 95% overall cure rate
- Few side effects, if any
- Shorter treatment courses – 8 - 24 weeks.
The World Hepatitis Alliance has committed to eliminating viral hepatitis by 2030. Imagine a future without hepatitis C. Can we achieve this in the Australian bleeding disorders community?
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Spread the word!
- If you have hep C, make your health a priority.
- Make sure you have a regular a liver health check
- Talk to your hepatitis or infectious diseases clinic about treatment that could cure your hep C
- Many people with bleeding disorders were exposed to hep C. Have you ever been tested? If you used factor before 1993 – even as a baby – you could be at risk. Act now – if you don’t know whether you have hep C or not, get tested!
- Is something stopping you from getting hep C treatment? Talk to your Haemophilia Centre about solutions. Change your future today!
As a Partner in the national World Hepatitis Day Campaign, HFA is working with Hepatitis Australia and State and Territory Foundations on the annual national awareness campaign and is committed to making a difference on hepatitis C in Australia.
National World Hepatitis Day website
HFA hepatitis C treatments page
Get the latest free Acrobat Reader to read PDF documents
Date last reviewed: 28 July 2016