Who can help

In this section:

Who can help me, my family and my child?

Your Haemophilia Treatment Centre (HTC) team has expertise in dealing with haemophilia and helping patients and their families at various stages of a child’s life. The team includes the haematologist (specialist doctor), nurse, physiotherapist and a psychosocial professional who could be a psychologist, social worker or counsellor. 

Haemophilia Foundations are national and state/territory community organisations that provide information and support and can connect you to other parents.

Read more about the support available to you:

Read chapter 1 of the HFA Guide for Parents for more information on support

Read chapter 4 of the HFA Guide for Parents for more information about HTCs and comprehensive care

Date last reviewed: 1 October 2017

Important Note: This information was developed by Haemophilia Foundation Australia for education and information purposes only and does not replace advice from a treating health professional. Always see your health care provider for assessment and advice about your individual health before taking action or relying on published information. This information may be printed or photocopied for educational purposes.

Join the HFA community

Sign up for the latest news, events and our free National Haemophilia magazine

Skip to content