Are you an Australian with hep C and a bleeding disorder? Or a partner/family member?
Please help us to tell the Australian Government what impact hepatitis C has on you and your life – and what strategies would help to improve your situation.
The Australian Government House of Representatives Standing Committee on Health is conducting an inquiry into hepatitis C in Australia. HFA will make a submission on the issues for the bleeding disorders community.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We need your help with real life examples for the HFA submission.
Please take 5 mins to complete the HFA hep C member survey and tell your story –
Please complete the survey by Wednesday 14 January 2015.
WHAT IS THE INQUIRY INVESTIGATING?
The Inquiry is looking at particular issues, including:
- How common hepatitis C is in Australia
- The costs associated with treating the short term and long term impacts of hepatitis C
- Methods to improve prevention of new hepatitis C infections
And methods to reduce the stigma with a positive diagnosis through:
- The public health system
- Public health awareness and prevention campaigns
- Non-government organisation health awareness and prevention programs.
You may also wish to make your own submission.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 27 February 2015.
For more information, go to www.aph.gov.au/hepatitisC.