Red Cake Day
Red Cake Day during Haemophilia Awareness Week is around the corner.
Haemophilia Awareness Week is an opportunity for Haemophilia Foundations and other organisations, as well as individuals and families to take part in a campaign and activities to raise awareness about haemophilia, von Willebrand disorder and related inherited bleeding disorders throughout Australia during the week of 12 - 18 October 2014.
HFA is calling on our friends and supporters to help us celebrate Haemophilia Awareness Week by taking part in Red Cake Day!
Last year we raised over $15,000 from Red Cake Day activities and we see this as a very simple fundraising opportunity that all our friends and supporters can easily participate in. Please help us.
It’s easy to host a Red Cake Day during Haemophilia Awareness Week
- Register your event and order promotional items online at www.haemophilia.org.au/redcakeday
- Download a host kit
- Invite family, friends, work colleagues to your event. You can use our invitation cards
- Bake Red Cakes and host your event. We have a yummy Ruby Red Velvet Cake Recipe in the host kit
- Thank the people that came to your day and donated. You can download a thank you card
- Collect and bank your funds.
There are many things you can do –
- Set up a stand in your workplace, school, hospital or library
- Hand out promotional items in your local area
- Assist your local haemophilia foundation during the week
- Organise a casual clothes day at your workplace or school
- Organise a luncheon, sausage sizzle or morning/afternoon tea.
Promotional items such as stickers, tattoos, posters, and colouring-in sheets are available.
COLOURING IN COMPETITION
Once again we are running a Colouring In Competition. So get your school, local community group or friends involved – anyone can enter! Sheets can be downloaded online or ordered through the Red Cake Day website.
There are 3 age categories –
Category 1: children aged under 4 years
Category 2: children aged 5 to 8 years
Category 3: children aged 9 to 11 years
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO ORDER PROMOTIONAL ITEMS