Bleeding disorders in women and girls is now a priority area in many other countries worldwide as well as Australia.
These are some of the examples of the work being done internationally. They include evidence-based information, tools for women and girls to monitor their periods (menstrual bleeding) and personal stories.
Haemophilia Foundation Australia
- The Female Factors – answering the questions of women and girls with bleeding disorders or who carry the gene
- Read the WFH sections that relate to women under ABOUT > BLEEDING DISORDERS
- Learn more about the latest on women and bleeding disorders on the ELEARNING platform
Canadian Hemophilia Society
Let’s talk period (Canada, Dr Paula James) – a self-administered bleeding assessment tool (Self- BAT)
National Hemophilia Foundation, USA
Irish Haemophilia Society
- Section on bleeding disorders for adult women
- Section on bleeding disorders for young adults and teenage girls
European Haemophilia Consortium
- Section on women with bleeding disorders (includes videos and personal stories)