We’re excited to kick off Bleeding Disorders Awareness Week today!. This week is an opportunity for individuals and families like you to take part in the campaign and get involved in activities to raise awareness about haemophilia, von Willebrand disease and related inherited bleeding disorders throughout Australia.
The theme of the week is One Community, Many Faces, showcasing our amazing community and highlighting the many different bleeding disorders and experiences. You can get involved today by reading some great stories here and sharing them with friends and family on social media.
This year, Bleeding Disorders Awareness Week is going to look a little different to years past—with COVID-19 restrictions different in each state/territory. So we’ve developed a virtual fundraising campaign so you can still show your support for those with bleeding disorders! Get involved today in one of the following ways:
- Run a virtual fundraising event—take a look at these ideas to get inspired!
- Share information on your social networks
- Change your Facebook profile pic or Facebook story in support of the week
- Profile picture
- Story Frame
- Children and their friends can take part in the colouring-in competition
- Do you know your bleeding disorder facts? Do the online quiz! https://tinyurl.com/y5tpnzfl
- Read and share the special edition BDAW Newsletter
We also have some great zoom events organised for the week, including a virtual baking session, a Q&A with a haemophilia physiotherapist and nurse for children and young people and another session for getting older, and a live chat with special guest Chris Bombardier from the documentary Bombardier Blood. You can find out more here and check our Facebook page for any event updates.
Let’s go red together this week and raise important awareness for everyone affected by bleeding disorders!